Tired of dating apps and sites that are filled with flaky people just looking for hookups? Yea, we don’t blame you. Unfortunately, that’s what you can expect when you use the wrong types of sites. But there is hope! Dating apps for relationships exist and are designed to attract singles looking for something more meaningful. Let’s get you on the right path to finding that special someone right now.
The Best Dating Apps for Relationships
eHarmony – Best App for Marriage and Serious Relationships
eHarmony is the crown jewel when it comes to dating apps for relationships. The site prides itself on attracting singles that are looking for something special. You’ll find very few, if any, people just trying to find something casual. If you’re looking for a serious relationship, eHarmony is what you’re looking for.
- 2 million + people have found relationships on the app
- iOS Store Rating – 4.0/5.0
- 37,500 + Google Play Installs
Christian Mingle – Best App for Christian Relationships
When people ask about the best dating app for Christian relationships, it’s an easy question to answer. Christian Mingle is the top option for people that want faith-focused relationships. The app is accepting of all denominations and provides a lot of spaces to showcase your life, interests, and religious preferences. Putting Christian Mingle on our list of the best dating apps for relationships was an easy, easy decision.
- #1 app for Christian relationships
- iOS Store Rating – 3.7/5.0
- 1,000,000+ Google Play Installs
Catholic Match – Best App for Catholic Relationships
The last entry on our list of the best dating apps for relationships is Catholic Match. While smaller than the other two options on our list, Catholic Match is designed to serve a distinct niche—building Catholic relationships. Getting signed up is quick and easy, and the app’s interface is super easy to use. If you’re looking to find a Catholic faith-based relationship, give this app a go.
Tips for Finding a Serious Relationship Online
- Look in the right places. If you go to a zoo looking for a pet, you’re not going to have much luck. The same can be said about online dating. If you go to hookup sites or sites notorious for casual dating (we’re looking at you Tinder), you’re not going to have a ton of luck finding anything serious and lasting. Spend your time and effort at dating sites designed for more serious singles.
- Be open about your intent. You don’t want to come out of the gate yelling your head off about wanting a relationship because it might scare away some good people. However, it should be something that is clearly marked on your profile, and that is discussed within the first few conversations. Dating apps for relationships can start to set the tone, but it’s up to you to make sure you make your intent clear. You can’t blame someone for thinking you’re looking for something else if you never tell them what you want.
- Be patient. Finding someone worthy of a relationship takes time. Yes, dating apps and websites will help make the process faster, but it still takes time. Be patient. Be in it for the long haul. Don’t get discouraged because you know what happens when you do? You become vulnerable to settling.
Why Are These the Best Dating Apps for Relationships
Marketing Designed to Attract Relationship-Minded Singles
The best dating apps for relationships don’t accidentally become higher-quality sites. Generally, it’s a result of highly-targeted marketing campaigns aimed at finding singles looking for something a little more serious. Trust us; there is a reason that people looking for a hookup stay far away from eHarmony. It’s because their outreach team focuses on finding marriage-minded singles.
Search Filters Based on What You’re Looking For
Inevitably, there are going to be people on every dating site that are looking for different things. This is okay. However, we require that a dating app offer ways to sort people based on your wants and needs in order to earn a spot on our recommended list. So, that way, you can remove anyone that is just looking for something casual and only leave the people looking for relationships.
Price is certainly a factor to consider when assessing the best dating apps for relationships. For us, it’s two-fold. First, we’re not fans of completely free sites. We love free trials, but we think completely free sites just don’t have enough people serious about finding love.
Second, we look at costs based on value. Again, we’re not always looking for the least expensive site. What we want to find is a dating app that offers great value for what you pay.
Great Customer Service
Ideally, you’ll be able to use your dating apps without any hiccups whatsoever. However, if you ever need help with something, it’s important that there is great customer service ready and willing to help. All of the dating apps for relationships recommended here have top-quality customer service teams ready to go to work for you.
What good is a mobile app if it doesn’t work on all of the major operating systems? It’s no good! The top dating apps for relationships work with Google devices, Androids, and iPhone (iOS) systems. So, no matter what type of phone you have, you should have no problems getting it loaded up on your phone or tablet.