Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Columbia, Greenville…what do all these cities have in common? They’re all better than anywhere in North Carolina! Ahh, we’re just kidding. But in all seriousness, if you’re from any of these cities or anywhere else in SC, chances are you’re here looking for a list of the best South Carolina dating sites.
And guess what? That is exactly what we have for you here. Our team has compiled (and regularly updates) a list of the best dating sites in South Carolina for singles of all ages. Additionally, we’ve included some dating tips, resources for singles, data on the single population in the state, and some links to free trials at the top dating apps.
The Top 5 Dating Sites in South Carolina
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#2||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#3||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
Demographics of the SC Singles Community
More women than men? Over half the women in South Carolina are unmarried? Yes, and yes! Learning as much as you can about the singles community in your state can really help you get a good view of what you’re walking into. Below, our research team breaks down a ton of really cool facts and figures about South Carolina singles.
Population in South Carolina by Gender
- There are 142,355 more women in South Carolina than men.
- 51.4% female
- 48.6% male
Overall Singles by Gender
- 53% of women in South Carolina are single (Unmarried)
- 49% of men in South Carolina are single (Unmarried)
Population in South Carolina by Age
- Median age = 39.7 years old (1.5 years older than the national average)
- 13.2% aged from 20-29 years old
- 12.4% aged from 30-39 years old
- 12.3% aged from 40-49 years old
- 13.3% aged from 50-59 years old
- 24.1% aged 60+ years old
% Households With Internet in SC
- 75.3% of households in South Carolina with internet access
Tips for Singles in South Carolina
- Know what you want. – South Carolina is packed full of a diverse group of singles. You have beach lovers, city-slickers, young, old, college students, blue-collar folk…you’ve literally got it all. So, what this means is that you need to take a minute and determine what type of singles you’re looking for. Whether you’re dating at a bar or using the best South Carolina dating sites we’ve recommended, this information will help you have better success.
- Be proactive but patient with the process. – While the fishing analogy for dating is a good one, it’s not a perfect analogy. In fishing, you often drop your line in and then just sit and wait. While that could work with online dating in South Carolina, it’s not the best course of action. Instead, you need to be proactive by filling out your profile completely, sending messages, sending flirts, and responding to interested singles. On top of that, be patient. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and it might take a few for you to find love. Be okay with that, and you’ll have a great experience!
- Take advantage of South Carolina Dating Sites. – Yes, we are partial to using South Carolina dating sites to find love. But that’s not just because that’s our preference! We have seen first-hand the benefits that these pieces of technology can bring to the table. If you’re serious about turbocharging your quest for love or to find someone to spend time with, online dating apps are the logical next step!